Sweet things for no reason!

How do I get my husband to do nice things or give compliments without asking? He used to be so sweet and text me all the time and send me messages and emails and even used to write me love letters then we got married and it never hapens anymore. If I ask him to do it, then it won't really mean anything so I want him to do it without asking him to! Does that make sense? This makes me sound needy, but I jsut miss the romance and all the sweet things.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:32 PM on Oct. 15, 2009 in Relationships

• maybe you can start it...hide a note and see how long it takes him to find it...then tell him that has been there 3 weeks beat that! Maybe he will join in the game and surprise you. Ask him if you should start looking yet cause he may not get the hint. I think other ways to initate would be to get a babysitter and have him meet you at a bar..you can be sitting in a HOTT dress at the bar waiting for him. Maybe after awhile he will try to surprise you again!!
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 2:37 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• Do you do these things for him? Why not just tell him that you miss those things? It's tough when we get comfortable in our relationships that we no longer have to "chase" the person we love. I get texts 1-2 times a week from mine but I send probably 2 time that many to him
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 2:38 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• UGG--don't you love men? LOL, I agree with previous posters, do it for him, but as time goes on relationships move in different directions! If he is a good hubby and daddy, that is pretty sweet in itself don't you think? My parents have been married for 50 years, and they are decent and kind to one another, I doubt my Dad has whispered sweet nothings for awhile-LOL My DH and I have been married for 12, and I cam home the other day, and he had done ALL of the laundry because I had been working so much, didn't make me miss those flowers he used to send on bit! I didn't even bitch at him for mixing the whites and darks together (tempting right) he tried! Good luck, go get a pedicure!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 2:46 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• Why don't you do some sweet things for him? The sweetest things are the unexpected ones, not the forced ones that are begged for.

Answer by rkoloms at 3:23 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• Welcome to the world of being married! I have a wonderful husband, but he doesn't send me love letters or stuff like that. He does things like take out the trash, or get up with ds so I can sleep in. I think that is what real love is all about! Sometimes I wish we could go back to the feelings that we had when we were dating, but I think in the long run I'd rather have love that lasts a lifetime...
    emnasmom

Answer by emnasmom at 3:38 PM on Oct. 15, 2009