Is it hard for you to fall asleep?

Lately, I am tossing and turning, thinking of this and that. How can I stop?? The only way is to put the tv on, and eventually I dose off, ewww, I hate it. I get up late, how do I stop tossing and turning. Stop thinking of everything, I have to do, did, or should have done. :((( it is fustrating.

Am I the only one?

KFree907

Asked by KFree907 at 2:43 PM on Oct. 15, 2009 in Health

• my insomnia used to manifest that way, tossing and turning for hours. now i fall asleep quickly but wake constantly throughout the night. i haven't found anything to quell the insomnia completely yet and i will have to see a doctor about it soon.
    mellypoo

Answer by mellypoo at 2:49 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• Take valerian
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 2:50 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• OMG yes, no trouble falling, just staying! I once in a very great while take a tylenol pm, but am reluctant to take anything stronger, hubby wants me to make an appointment with a sleep clinic!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 2:51 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• no advice here, because i'm on the same boat. perhaps SO's snoring doesnt help lol but we always have the fan on (white noise plus it keeps the room nice and cool), but it doesnt really do the trick. after dinner I try not to snack on anything which sometimes keeps me up, but I often go nuts, daydreaming about stuff which distracts me from falling asleep and i cant really help it. I try to not focus on my thoughts and on the fan noise. SO's snoring drives me nuts. he hasnt had good sleep lately either because I constantly nudge him. i'm working on that.
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 2:53 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• Sometimes. I take Rescue Remedy

Answer by rkoloms at 3:22 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• it happens to me all the time and i hate it as well and wish i could stop but i cant. sucks big time i wakeup so tired and with no energy :(
    browneyez29

Answer by browneyez29 at 4:40 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• There are medications out there that can help if you can't sort it out without them - and that's something to talk to your doctor about.

But you can always try learning some relaxation techniques first - or just writing your thoughts in a journal just before going to sleep might help.
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 9:54 PM on Oct. 15, 2009