I love the name Tatum but.......

I am not sure if I can use it for a boy. I never knew that Tatum was a girls name I always thought that it was a boys name so I have always wanted one of my sons to be Tatum but now I am not totally sure because whenever I look it up its under the girls catagory. What do you think, can I use it for a boy or would it be just wrong?

wendydeb7

Asked by wendydeb7 at 2:48 PM on Oct. 15, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I Like it. Its one of those names that I think can be male or female! If you like it Id go for it
    firethearson

Answer by firethearson at 2:51 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• It was on our list for a girl's name, I've never heard it for a boy...You could just go with Tate instead maybe?
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 2:56 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• to me it sounds like a boy name.... but there is a girl actress name Tatum O'Neal....Like the previous poater said it can go either way :)
    HannahLee87

Answer by HannahLee87 at 2:57 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• I've only ever heard the name from Tatum O'Neil. I like the name - maybe you can call him Tate? I love that.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:57 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• Yeah its probably for boys and girls anyhow.

I've heard of boys and girls with that name.
    kerri-

Answer by kerri- at 2:59 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• I say do whatever you want. My sister's name is Kelsey, but it was listed under the boys' names. You might want to consider that it sounds like Tater though, which could be a cute family nickname... or something his classmates torment him with. Just a thought.
    JerbysMom

Answer by JerbysMom at 3:20 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• I think it's a horrible name.
    Anonymous