does your religion practice shunning?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:48 PM on Oct. 15, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Islam does not practice shunning. A person should always be reminded of Allah. He should always be given the opportunity to be around righteous people and those who worship Allah so that it could remind him. We should offer support while trying to protect our own selves from becoming sinners of major sins. However if a person is doing something continuously you are allowed to remove yourself for your own protection not for punishment to the person unless it has been prescribed. Islam dictates that YOU cannot break ties, family or otherwise. So if a muslim does something to you, and you stop speaking to him, you are not allowed to stop speaking to him for more than three days. You then have to work it out!
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 3:00 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• No
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 3:59 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• I wouldn't be interested in a religion that practices shunning.
    nysa00

Answer by nysa00 at 4:02 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• my religion does, i'm a jw. although, i've never seen it ever happen in my congregation. I dont even know anyone that has been. It takes a really bad sin for them to do that, because they want you to continue serving God together, but if its a really bad sin and you dont repent and try to change then you get disfellowshipped. But thats only for the congregation. your family can still talk to you and hang out with you, you just dont talk about religion unless its about trying to change.

2 Corinthians 6:14-18 .

matthew 18:15-17
    proudmomma777

Answer by proudmomma777 at 4:28 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• My denomination doesn't practice shunning, but there are conservative sects within the Christian community that will shun family for leaving their church and their way of life...
    Anonymous

• No, Catholics don't practice shunning.
    eringobrough

Answer by eringobrough at 9:19 PM on Oct. 17, 2009