31 weeks with low amniotic fluid- Should I be worried?

I went in for my 4d ultrasound yesterday, and to my disappointment Could not see anything ( turned out the placenta is in front), but even so I am glad i had it done because if not I wouldnt have had another u/s for 5 weeks! The U/S tech noticed that the amf was low. She said she was gonna alert my doctor, but that I should make sure I am drinking lots of water, and getting a lot of rest. She also metioned that maybe it is time for me to stop working, even though I have a "desk job". She didn't give me any specific numbers, but seemed "cautioned" by it. I googled 'low amf" and couldnt really find any information. Should I be worried? What can i expect?

Asked by o0o_Alleigh_o0o at 10:52 AM on Jun. 24, 2008 in Pregnancy

• If they didn't seem overly concerned, you shouldn't either. Drink lots of fluids, get lots of rest, avoid stress... try to enjoy the end of your pregnancy as much as you can. When you go for your next OB appointment, as the doctor to be a little more specific about what those results meant. Best wishes!

Answer by crazysocks830 at 12:39 PM on Jun. 24, 2008