does you church marry couples that are living together?

Asked by Anonymous at 2:51 PM on Oct. 15, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Yes.

Answer by Jademom07 at 2:51 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• we got marrried in the catholic church and lived together for about a year before that.

Answer by hypermamaz at 3:08 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• The church I was a member of(no longer tho) did marry my husband and I and we were living together at the time.

Answer by Amaranth361 at 3:58 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• yes i marry people who have lived together

Answer by mamak57 at 4:04 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• Ours will not, unless you move out until the wedding or go to the justice of the peace and make it official first. We also make sure that both people are Christian (through an interview) and they have to go through a 6 week pre-marital class.

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 4:08 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• there have been times when a couple has become christians while living together and they will go and ask to be married.. and our pastor has actually said and if anyone is living together and needs to make it right we can fix the problem.. aka marry you.

• I never understood this. My sister and her husband lived together for years and had a child before they got married. One church they talked to turned them down for living together prior to the wedding. Why turn them away when they are trying to make things right in God's eyes?

• If they were really wanting to make it right in God's eyes, they would move out until they got married.

They are doing what THEY want and expecting to get a pat on the back for eventually obeying God.