can stress make you have more than one period a month?

my husband just deployed so things have been really stressful here. i just had a period about 2 weeks ago and im not due for another for another 2 weeks. i have missed 2 of my bc pills this week so i dont know if that would make me have another one but can stress also make you have one too? thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:51 PM on Oct. 15, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I know that stress can make you NOT have one, so it probably works the other way to, I would guess. But, BC pills also wreak havoc on your hormones, so they are more likely the culprit of a double period than stress.
    Iskkra

Answer by Iskkra at 3:00 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• It could be the stress, because that causes so much craziness on hormones too, but if you messed up w/BC pills, that, like the PP said, is probably the likely source of the double period this month. I hope things calm down for you a bit. Just make sure you get back in a regular routine with your BC and all should be well.
    mom2BOYZnDad

Answer by mom2BOYZnDad at 3:16 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• It could be stress or the missing bc pills.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 3:38 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• It could be stress or missed BC like other posters have said but it could also be other things. I have had similair problems and if it continues you may want to go to the DR. I ended up having an infection and that was what was causing the multiple periods in one month.
    MrsHatch4

Answer by MrsHatch4 at 3:45 PM on Oct. 15, 2009