Toddler doesn't want to do anything!

I have a son who's 20 months, and he doesn't ever want to do anything besides watch movies! He likes doing other things, but nothing really catches his attention. He'll be playing with one of his toys, and be really enjoying it, and then just stand up and start crying.?? I really don't know what to do. I know he must be bored, but even if I try to do anything with him, he loses interest right away. I look for things to do on all these toddler sites, and I'm thinking "there's no way he's going to do that with me". Can anyone help me with this? I'm very lost!

jady.lady

Asked by jady.lady at 3:45 PM on Oct. 15, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I have to constantly entertain my son or he gets bored and he also refuses to watch TV which makes it much harder trying to come up with new and fun things to do - He has like 1 time a day he plays by himself and that's for like 30 minutes so here are some of the "games" we do- they may sound silly but hey, He is little... we run accross the room - I dont' know why but its his favorite game - we run from one wall to the other making sure to touch a pillow once we get there, we reach for hooks on the ceiling and make grunting noises because they are "too high" we slide down the stairs on our tummys.... brush our teeth like 10 times a day, he loves to play HIDE so we hide from the kitty cats.. we read books, color, get cups and make towers and knock them down, get blocks and make garages for his cars to park - make forts from pillows and blankets... my son isn't interested for very long so we try them over and over -
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:22 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• Is he teething? I would check his mouth for molars or something. If it's just a behavioral problem then i would try limiting movie time to 1 hour a day so he doesn't come to depend on it. Maybe try taking him to the park. He's still too little to do all that much there, but my kids always had fun no matter how little they were.
    Swingkid511

Answer by Swingkid511 at 4:09 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• Take him outside to the park or for a walk. Maybe he just needs a change of pace or scenery.
    rjrambrocio

Answer by rjrambrocio at 10:08 PM on Oct. 15, 2009