How long does fried chicken take to cook in a frying pan? I alway sundercook it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:51 PM on Oct. 15, 2009 in Food & Drink

• oil on 325 degrees dark meat in first, about 8 minutes per side, breast about 6-7 minutes depending on what you use for coating, i use flour, buttermilk then dip in seasoned flour again, also if you soak in buttermilk it will make tender, let the chicken be at room temp for about 15-20 minutes after you take out of fridge, this allows it to cook more evenly, just don't sit it out ANY longer, bad moms give their families samonella LOL! a candy therm. will work to test the oil, let the chicken rest for 15 minutes before you serve--good luck and good eating!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 4:00 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• It all depends on how high your flame is...i'd invest in a good kitchen thermometer.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 3:52 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• The first thing I do is check the oil to make sure it is hot enough. I place a wooden spoon upright into the middle of the fry pan, if it bubbles around the spoon the oil is ready. I place a few pieces of chicken in at a time to allow more even cooking. I cook about 12 minutes on one side then flip over and finish cooking for another 12 minutes. Chicken should be a nice golden brown. Enjoy...:)
    solitaire3121

Answer by solitaire3121 at 2:03 PM on Oct. 16, 2009