Three Fold Law - What does it mean to you? (pagans mostly)

I have asked this before but by the answers I got I don't think I was very clear on what I was looking for. For those of you that believe in the three fold law how do you see it? Some see it as a literal everything comes back 3 times or 3 times as strong, others see it as a metephoric 3 fold where it just comes back stronger and then there are those like me that believe it's ties in to the law of attraction and that all energy comes back 3 times because that's what we project (energy of the action, reaction to the outcome & the energy projected from those our actions affect)

How do YOU see it?

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 4:11 PM on Oct. 15, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I think whatever comes back comes back to us stronger then we put out(kinda helps learn a lesson you could say LOL). In your definations that would be metaphorically I guess.

I also see it as another version of Karma. I dont necessarily think Ill come back as an ant in my next life if Im horrible in this one but Ill definately not have a very easy life, Ill have ugly issues to deal with because of my actions in this one. kwim?
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 4:16 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• I think both definitions are correct. I just see it as another way to define Karma. Whatever we put out, will come back to us stronger.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 4:29 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• If you study the 3 pillars of the tree of life, then it is easy to attach this law to those three facets of our developing selves. Each action you carry out will come back to you in each of the 3 energies represented by the pillars. Strength, Mercy, Balance.

For example, if I gossip about a co-worker then gossip energy can impact me in 3 ways. Perhaps my reputation would be weaker among my colleagues, compassion will not be shown to me as easily, and my life will tilt more toward the chaos side in my future interactions with that person.

The law of 3s is found in all belief systems. The Christian Trinity is an example. It requires its followers to recognize the physical (Christ), the intangible (Holy Spirit), and the divine (God).
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 4:35 PM on Oct. 15, 2009