H1N1 shots have you hade this shot and are preganant have you hade any problems?

I am highly curious if anyones done this shot that they have no side effects listed for it or for expecting mothers?. I watched on tv as they spoke of how it was really something that a woman who was expecting needed to take but they didnt know the effects it would have on baby and if a preganant woman go H1N1 they said we would die on tv. Its suppose tobe differnt for preganant woman and they have a no mercury one but quit frank I am afraid to take it I dont wont to harm my baby but I dont like that they said that a preganant person if not vaccinated would die from it either I am freaking out and I hate my kids already have to worrie about getting it tones of kids in my area and kids in their school have hade it already sooooo its freaken me out a lil bit. I dont know what to do I am preganant and I dont wont to get this shot they where asking on tv if anyone who took it to call them and let them know the effects to it.

honeysuckle09

Asked by honeysuckle09 at 4:23 PM on Oct. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• if you dont want to get the shot then dont, im sure your not going to die. the swine flu has been going on for many years this year they are just blowing it out of proportion.

its just like a normal flu....
    Anonymous

• The shot isn't available yet here in Buffalo for me to take, just the mist which is NOT approved for pregnant women.

Being afraid of whats in the vaccine itself effecting the baby is really uninformed hype. The vaccine is made exactly like the seasonal flu shot, only difference is the NON-LIVE strain added to it. The seasonal flu SHOT is safe for pregnant women as will be the H1N1 SHOT when available.

The CDC has reported that the seasonal flu is usualy more dangerous for those 65 and older, but so far reports are that the H1N1 isn't as dangerous for the elderly BUT MORE dangerous for pregnant women and those with chronic diseases making them fall under the "high risk" catagory.

I'm 28 weeks pregnant and a type 2 diabetic, so I'm basically a double high risk for having severe complications should I get the swine flu. I'm NOT afraid of the vaccine and myself and my son WILL get it ASAP.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 4:42 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• I havn't ever hade flue shots and I have no desire to get a flu shot either I just dont think that I would get the h1n1 every time I ask about it their is always unanswered questines. The doctors cant say it is on hundred percent ok for a pregant lady to take or other people they say its in best interest of people to but then they cant tell you if there will be side effects or what could go wrong it some have said it could cause problems to your unborn fetus. Every person round here that has taken this shot has gotten deadly sick I mean they where out for 2weeks of school and work and the kids that got it at my girls school they only hade a couple left to fill one table in here room 10 kids. I also wounder if a babie cant take the h1n1 shot untile a certain age then how can it be safe for a fetus that is unborn.
    honeysuckle09

Answer by honeysuckle09 at 2:03 PM on Nov. 1, 2009