how long do lightbulbs last in your house? and what kind do you buy?

i swear i am changing light bulb every couple of weeks...how long do yours last?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:27 PM on Oct. 15, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Well, we use the energy saver ones that are coiled. I have lived here for a year and a half almost and I just changed my first light bulb the other day. The bathroom bulbs are different, but the rest of the bulbs in the house are the coiled ones. They are also supposed to make the electric bill lower than regular bulbs.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 4:42 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• We've lived in our apartment for 14 months and we've only changed one light bulb in the bathroom! We've changed the one over the stove about 4 times but we leave it on all the time. We just recently had to change the one in the oven too. Half our light bulbs are the regular ones and the rest are energy saver.
    austinsmama1106

Answer by austinsmama1106 at 5:31 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• I like the regular bulbs and have only needed to change one of them in the 2 years we've lived here.
    Hubby changed all the bulbs over to the energy saving bulbs, but I hate the light they put out so I put regular bulbs back into the lamps I use daily (my desk, next to the couch, on the nightstand). He just put them in a couple months ago so none of them have burnt out yet, but they are supposed to last a couple of years I think.
    Nightlight bulbs, on the other hand, I've been changing at least once a month! But I need to use particular nightlights so buying those bulbs don't cost much at all.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 10:02 PM on Oct. 15, 2009