Is it normal to have one ovary bigger than the other??

I just experienced a miscarriage and in my ultrasound report, it says that my right ovary is more than twice the size of my left one.(No, it's not a cyst.) I can even see it in my ultrasound photos. It is just much larger than the other one.
My right one measures at 6.77 cm and the left measures 3.12 cm.
Is this normal? Will it affect anything when I begin to TTC again? Anybody know anything that can help? Thanks in advance.

jazi1105

Asked by jazi1105 at 4:30 PM on Oct. 15, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Nothing on your body is asymetrical...so yes it's normal...however, that big of a difference I would ask your doctor if it is a cause for concern for health reasons but not necessarily bor TTC reasons
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 4:32 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• Have you ever had any abdominal trauma, such as surgery? The doc thought my right ovary, which was very small, might have been damaged after a ruptured appendix and surgery several years prior. It still worked just fine though....actually better than the larger left one.
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 8:13 PM on Oct. 15, 2009