is this BH or something else?

Since 5am Wed morning I've had ongoing crampiness that is like mild period cramps or slightly upset stomach , but doesn't seem to worsen except with the two times of diarrhea. It doesn't tighten or whatever, just feels like a dull ache and it's been going on for like 36 hours straight. Sometimes I ache a lil in my back too, but not too bad. I'm 36 weeks and haven't really had much cramping at all before this, and none of the tighten/loosen kind. When this first started at 5 am yesterday, I did feel like someone was tugging my lower stomach muscles downward and pulling on them and it was fairly noticeable but since has pretty much disappeared, except a slight twinge here and there. Is this just BH? Do BH usually go on and on like this for 36 hours straight? A family member said they felt like this a few days before labor and friend said it sounded like maybe early labor too.

sammybear71

Asked by sammybear71 at 4:37 PM on Oct. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I'm not too sure. I remember having braxton hicks when I was preg with number 2. I still had him 3 days late, but the braxton's just made me want to go into labor even more, so I kept feeling for them and would time them lol. Go take a bath because if it's the real thing, it will get worse in the bath. If it bh, they will go away and you can feel comfortable in the bath.
    mammacjjc85

Answer by mammacjjc85 at 5:27 PM on Oct. 15, 2009