Who makes the interior decorating decisions in your home?

My Husband and I have the same taste in colors and decor, so We easily decide together on how to decorate Our home. It ticks me off when I see a home with interior decor that has clearly been chosen by the woman (or, in rare cases, the man)..I mean, you BOTH live there. Same with dishes, towels, etc..We always agree on that, stuff, too.

ajtherad

Asked by ajtherad at 4:46 PM on Oct. 15, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I guess I tick you off then. We go shopping together a lot, if I choose three things, he'll say what he don't like (meaning whatever is left he doesn't care which I choose). I don't think I'm leaving him out - but I know if I let him at it, we'd have vinyl furniture and no curtains. We'd eat straight out of the sauce pan and dry our butts with yesterdays shirt and call that doing laundry. And his idea of shelf decor would consist of a full display of golf balls he's hit further than he thought he would.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 8:24 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• I do...if he did all the walls would be black--ceiling too and nothing but deer and fish heads all over the walls---oh and camo curtains and bedding everything...
    I did chocolate brown,navy blue and olive green for the walls and brown bedding---kinda like camo but not :) we are both happy--he does have some horns hanging over the couch and a small set of antlers in the bedroom---which Im ok with.
    bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 4:50 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• We pick things out together. If we can't decide on what to get we just keep looking tell we find the right thing. We still have two empty walls In out living room & dining room. because we can not find the right wall decor to hang there.

Answer by louise2 at 4:51 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• He is much more picky than I am, so our house remains undecorated.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 4:56 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• i do most of the decor my husband doesnt care as long as its clean...its kinda annoying..i want his opinion on stuff and he says whatever dont care...
    Anonymous

• I do everything and then hubby comes and criticizes! It drives me nuts. He doesn't lift a finger when it comes to decor but he'll be like "well, those curtains are too bland." He's a very nice guy but his mother is an artist and has a beautiful home so he grew up wtih very nicely decorated surroundings and def. knows what looks good. I wish he would help more, but on the other hand I like doing it myself, too.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 5:35 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• I do almost all the deciding, but we have similar tastes. I'm careful to keep the house from being to girly, but in all honesty I prefer more masculine/simple design anyways. If I do get something floral, I make sure it is in masculine colors.
    KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 5:39 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• he does.

its my fault we painted the kitchen blue (*hanging my head in embarrassment*)

hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 5:50 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• We both pick out decor in our home. Now I am not a floral person and like you have pretty much the exact same taste as my husband. We both have the same interest and color preference so that does make it easier.

Other people’s decor doesn't bother me, even if it went more feminine or masculine; it's their choice as a married couple. My husband’s male co-worker is huge on decor (he's a programmer but does like things to look nice), his wife could care less and so his home is done in more of his colors. My best friend’s husband has no opinion and told her he doesn't care about what the house looks like and would prefer she did things because he doesn't care. So it does have more her personality as far as looks go. People have their reasons for having a home set up the way it is, and to me it's none of my business.
    Knightquester

Answer by Knightquester at 5:53 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• Me and i'm awful at it..but he is worse. LOLOLOL
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 5:58 PM on Oct. 15, 2009