do you ever feel kinda trapped as a stay at home mom?

i feel like everyone around me is living this ongoing life and starting new jobs or going to new places and buying new things and then theres me i cant do any of those things and it makes me feel kind of trapped, i just feel like i have no motivation also, is this all normal feelings and what do you think i can do to change it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:06 PM on Oct. 15, 2009 in General Parenting

• sometimes
    mominbolt

Answer by mominbolt at 5:07 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• Somedays, however i love my Job and my son...
    Chize

Answer by Chize at 5:15 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• Yes lol everyone needs to get out every once in a while!!!!
    waterlily89

Answer by waterlily89 at 5:16 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• I think it's a normal feeling. Especially if you've just gone from working all the time, to suddenly you are staying home with a baby. I've always wanted to stay home with my baby, but it was still a big change for me. Now that my LO is older (7 months) we get out of the house more and I feel very comfortable and happy with my role as a SAHM.
    silvia316

Answer by silvia316 at 5:16 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• I know exactly what you mean. I have my days. I just try to see the good side of it. I'm at home with my dd, and I font have to be at work wondering if someone is going to spank her, or yell at her..and God forbid the rest...when I'm feeling down I usually go outside for a while ..while my dd plays on the swings ...I know that staying inside make me feel down..hope this helped....gl!
    Anonymous

• Ehhh. The only things that make me feel trapped is that A. the weather (it's AWFUL outside today) and B. we only have one car so I am stuck in the house when the weather is poor.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 5:18 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• I did when Pumpkin was about three months old. i got a Job in a salon doing hair after five months i had to face the fact that I wasn't even earning enough to pay for gas and daycare. i never felt trapped after that. i felt liberated from guilt because it was cheaper for me to stay home than for me to work
    mamak57

Answer by mamak57 at 5:30 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• oh you have no idea. im 22 - my son is 5 months old. before i had him my life was so exciting. i went everywhere & did everything, and now i feel SO trapped sometimes i just go crazy. i get really depressed and really upset. i love my son so much, butt hes a baby, we cant even talk and i cant do anything. my SO works overnight so i barley ever see him. im just alone sitting in this fucking apartment all the time & right now i feel like wripping my hair out of my head if i dont get out of this house for a while.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 5:36 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• Its def normal. I stay at home 5 days a week and even though I enjoy it I also get depressed sometimes. The summers arent bad but the winter sucks and like pp we share a car so I really am trapped. Its always helpful to have that adult interaction. You need your own space sometimes and when you rarely get it you go nuts. I hate cabin fever! lol But I too had an exciting life before and though I love my life now I still miss things that I had before. But I guess being a mom means sacrifices and they are all worth it! I cant imagine life without dd but when I have that time to my self it helps more than anything! Hang in there. It will fly so fast and when they go to school and eventually have their "own life", you gonna miss this time. So enjoy it while its here. It goes by too fast!
    Ps.. sorry for rambling! You can always msg me if you need to vent because Im here doing the same thing you are with the same struggles :)
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 5:44 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• I feel the same way sometimes. What really helped me is learning to take time for myself. I don't get to do that a lot because my husband is a truck driver. But when I do get a chance I go shopping by myself even if it's just to look around and not buy anything. I've also started going to get my hair done (cut, dyed, whatever) every 2-3 months. Doing something for myself helps me refocus and appreciate what I have.

If you're having trouble staying motivated, set small goals for yourself and reward yourself. I used to have a lot of trouble keeping up with the house until I started making myself do it before I could do "extra" things like get on cafemom. I also had a hard time keeping our budget under control, so after I got it under control and kept it that way for awhile I rewarded myself with some new clothes.
    MamaTasha08

Answer by MamaTasha08 at 6:25 PM on Oct. 15, 2009