Need all the advice I can get!

I bought my dryer in Feb 2008 and was gone nearly a year so the dryer hasn't been used that much. It tumbles but the timer doesn't move on any setting and it won't heat up. I've read/heard that the dryer runs on two different breakers. Our neighbor that just moved gave us her dryer. It worked fine at her house but won't heat at mine! Is it possible that a blown breaker is making my dryer not heat AND the timer not move?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:27 PM on Oct. 15, 2009 in Technology

• Possibly. Check your breaker box. If nothing there then call somewhere like Lowes and see if they could help. Or go to the manufacterers website to look for troubleshooting ideas.
    jenree33

Answer by jenree33 at 5:47 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• If it is on a 220 circuit, then it may be on two separate breakers. If it is a gas dryer, the gas line may not be set up properly.

If you are in the Chicago metro area, contact me offlist. My spouse is an electrician/handyman; he can troubleshoot and repair this for you.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:39 AM on Oct. 16, 2009

• If it's on a 220, it's possible that the motor would still run, but the heating elements wouldn't....if half of the breaker is faulty you could experience what you're describing.
    PinkSodaPop

Answer by PinkSodaPop at 2:30 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

• I had that same problem but it just turned out that a wire had come loose.
    lbranta

Answer by lbranta at 11:09 PM on Nov. 11, 2009