Do exes ever come back after a long separation?

Have you ever felt like you were dating the right person, but the person you were with needed more time to figure out their life? Sometimes I wonder if my ex and I will reconnect a year or two down the road. We met each other shortly after our divorces so we haven't dated many people, but we were very much in love. Has this ever happened to you before? I have a friend that says exes always find their way back at least once. Do you agree?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:30 PM on Oct. 15, 2009 in Relationships

• Anything is possible. My ex's and I only reconnected as friends, mostly because by the time they bothered coming back or trying to contact me, I was already happily married.
    LokisMama

Answer by LokisMama at 5:33 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• I dated my DH when I was 16 for 2 years then we broke up for 2 years, dated other people and ended up back together when I was 20 so I think it can happen. We have been together for 4 years now. =) 6 if you count all the time.
    jenae_gist

Answer by jenae_gist at 5:33 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• Very similar situation to Jenae, and we are very happy now.
    Princessofscots

Answer by Princessofscots at 5:36 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• possible but not probable
    Anonymous

• OOOHHH you so need to watch the movie "He's Just not that Into You" This is a perfect question for it! LOL

On the serious side. Everything happens for a reason. people are in your life at the time you need them to be. If you need him to be in your life again he will be, if not you will have the person you need in your life at that time. These people can be family, friends or just a stranger passing by. :)
    roxyann76

Answer by roxyann76 at 5:56 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• For me personally, when I was done, I was done, and never went back. I know there are people who do get back together. Personally I wouldn't hang on to that thought, I would be open to new people, otherwise you might miss the one that you should truly be with......and if you end up back together, then it was meant to be.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 6:30 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• I think that they could come back, but in my mind....I would be worried about why it did not work out the first time and what they had been doing in the interim. Not sure if I could really get into it if the problems from the first go-round had not been addressed.
    Anonymous

• My husbands ex keeps coming around his mother telling her that they are still in love and still connected. irritating..its probably just a game with her.

For some I think it could be very romantic...but only if they are not currently involved. I think the 2nd time you may be able to fix the mistakes if both are willing to.

Momforhealth

Answer by Momforhealth at 6:35 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• I believe that you always bump back into ex's again at one point in your life. It has happened to me several times. Never actually had a 2nd try happy ending like Jenae and Princess though. But anything is possible
    DaGoodLife

Answer by DaGoodLife at 6:38 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• if my ex came back or around me....i would kill him!!!! but to answer if they do ever come back into our lives, no, i don't think so, just living to close for comfort.
    happy64

Answer by happy64 at 7:05 PM on Oct. 15, 2009