Do you go to therapy? Why

I just started seeing a therapist and I am very proud of this fact. I'm not a particularly messed up individual, I just have some minor issues I want to work on before my daughter becomes old enough to be negatively affected by them (she is just 6 mos. old now). Do you go? why?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:47 PM on Oct. 15, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I go to therapy to learn how to be a happier, more content mom. I also go to work through issues of PPD, my therapist and I are working on mindfulness, that is living in the moment now rather than being mired down by depression. Good for you Momma, you recognized an issue that you have and are taking the steps to deal with it!
    emnasmom

Answer by emnasmom at 5:50 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• No i dont' got to therapy. My mom tried to force it on my as a kids.. others need it not me. As i grew older i started to need it but never did. I do have two friends one was a social worker and one a psychiatrist and my hubby is a social psychologist so i pick their brains. LOLOLOL it works quite well. And i use islam and what Allah and his prophet say about many issues...and that helps tremendously.
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 5:53 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• No. I don't believe in therapy. I'm glad it's working for you though.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 6:04 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• What does it mean to not 'believe in therapy?' Does it mean you would just rather stew in your issues alone or what? I don't get that.
    Anonymous

• I want to go to therapy. I have been wanting to go for awhile and I recently told my husband. We are going to start couples counseling when he quits truck driving. Seeing a therapist can be a very constructive thing if you find the right one. I went to a therapist after my parents got divorced when i was 8. I loved her and she helped me a lot. I stopped going when we moved 2 years later. When I was 14 my mom sent me to a different therapist for different reasons. I didn't like her and she didn't help me at all, so I just stopped going. Now I have years of issues that have been building on each other that need to be worked out. I'm hoping my husband and I can find the right person to help us.
    MamaTasha08

Answer by MamaTasha08 at 6:41 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• I have been going to therapy for awhile now it's helped me deal with a lot of things I just stuck on the back burner because I wasn't ready to deal with them till I started having panic attacks and realized I needed to talk to someone before I crashed and burned.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 7:53 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• I go to therapy to help me deal with my miscarriages i have had this year, the last being just over a month ago. My dr was worried i wasn't grieving. It has really helped.
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 12:14 AM on Oct. 16, 2009