Home birth anyone?

I am pregnant with my 3rd child. I am seriously considering a home birth. My last two were very easy, and I had no drugs. Is it really that much more different? I was hauled to 3 separate rooms with my last child and don't want the hassle of a hospital anymore. Has anyone done it? Oh yeah, I am 2 blocks away from a hospital if it's necessary in case of emergency. Thank you!!

midnightshadow2

Asked by midnightshadow2 at 5:59 PM on Oct. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i'm am really considering this. i have done a lot of research and really want what's best for me and baby. to me, dr's and hospitals have made pregnancy a disease and that's why you "need" to be in a hospital. i understand for high risk mothers, that it is better to be in a hospital, as long has it's a TRUE high risk reason.
    this is something that you need to really think over. and think about rather you would want a UC or a midwife to assist.
    check out the natural childbirth group on here. they are very helpful.
    Anonymous

• Oh YES, it really is a LOT! different than hospital birthing. For so many reasons, it's wonderful!

There is the obvious, pleasant & familiar environment.
    There is also the healthier & safer aspect.
    There is the childcare issue w/your two older children, solved.
    There is a spiritual aspect, too; a more peaceful setting for the newborn to meet the family.

Do you have plans for a midwife, doula, or are you wanting no attendant?
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 7:51 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• as long as you are informed, i think it is great, and safer. i actually want a homebirth with a midwife but it will cost a lot more, so i'm going with a hospital an hour away that doesn't have a bunch of stupid policies :P good luck to you! and congrats :)
    Anonymous

• oh and i read a book called "birth your way" (i think that is what is was called anyway) by shiela kitzinger which you might find helpful :)
    Anonymous

• good book suggestion, yes that's the title!   I was just looking at it, here is a link:     Birth Your Way

doulala

Answer by doulala at 8:20 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• thanks doulala, i thought that was it! ;)
    Anonymous