Just a random, weird question...more of a thought...

Every morning we get ready and leave for school. The last thing I say as we leave the house is "Does everyone have their shoes and socks on?" This morning, I said it, and it occurred to me, we always say "Put your shoes and socks on.", but you put your socks on first, so wouldn't it make more sense to say, "Put on your socks and shoes."? I don't know, maybe we all just talk weird where I live, but it's always shoes and socks instead of socks and shoes. Any theories on why?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:59 PM on Oct. 15, 2009 in Just for Fun

• LOL yea thats def backwards and we all say it!! I think its funny when you say to "jump" in the shower when we def dont jump in the shower. If ppl really did that then most of us would be dead or in wheel chairs! lol
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 6:03 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• I think it rolls off the tongue nicer with shoes and socks rather than socks and shoes. You have a good point though.

Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 6:03 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• Or "Im gonna run to the store" LOL Like Im really gonna run to the store!! haha this kinda stuff cracks me up!
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 6:05 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• I have a son living with autism, and alot of people with autism take things literally, like "jump in the car: etc. I try not to do this, but I find myself saying phrases like this and he gets the funniest look on his face, like he's picturing me "jumping in the car" or running to the store. I said I'm running to the library the other day, and he asked me "Mom, why don't you drive the car to the library?" Gotta love autism!!!
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 9:24 PM on Oct. 15, 2009