Is it safe to be losing wieght while pregnat.

I have been losing weight since i have got pregnant. before i got pregnant i was 195.5 n now i am 183.5 n i am 10 weeks 5 days. n seems to still be losing. But not trying to. i eat a lot.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:04 PM on Oct. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Its normal to lose some in the first trimester, as long as your dr isn't worried there's no reason for you to be. You'll start gaining here soon.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 6:06 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• Early on in the pregnancy, it won't adversely affect your baby, but later on, it will (if the weight loss continues/you don't gain weight in the latter half). Make sure you are eating a balanced diet. Talk to your doctor about it at your next appointment. I lost 20 lbs in 3 weeks towards the beginning of my pregnancy due to a rare condition called hyperemesis gravidarum (basically, vomiting like crazy), but despite this baby was fine at 20 wks. I was able to finally gain weight the last 2 months of my pregnancy, and had a normal, healthy weight baby (7lb, 9oz).
    ratviolin

Answer by ratviolin at 6:09 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• If the dr isn't worried then you don't need to worry.

Answer by admckenzie at 6:47 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• i was 189 before i got pregnant! i'm 36 weeks and i'm 169 now! all i wanted to eat were fruit and helthy stuff though i don't really eat junk food anymore! and my dr dosen't say anything
    Anonymous

• When you start out overweight, you aren't even advised to gain much at all for a singleton pregnancy. I wouldn't stress over the number on the scale if your doc thinks everything's ok and the baby is on track.
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 7:25 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• as long as you are eating well, then i wouldn't worry about it. if you are so sick that you are throwing up constantly, there isn't really much you can do about that but you should probably talk to your doctor/midwife about any tips to help. =) it could just be that you were eating more junk than you thought before and now you are more careful and are losing weight. here is a link i found on how to eat during pregnancy

http://www.bradleybirth.com/PD.aspx
    Anonymous

• it's fine as long as you're doing it in a healthy way, talk to your doctor about it as well. if you just cannot eat b/c of morning sickness i think it's ok for a little while, b/c the what the baby needs will just come from what your body already has stored.
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 8:45 PM on Oct. 15, 2009