would call this a meal? my friend said im starving my kids

today was one of those busy hectic days and i forgot to put something out for supper...so i decided to use up the fresh veggies and fruit ..had small bag of radish, small bag of baby carrots, half head of broccoli and half head of callower and about half container of cherry tomatoes..and had ranch veggie dip and for desert we had one container strawberries and 3 bananas dipped in chocolate...this is what i would normal give as a snack but in smaller portions, i wanted to use up the fresh veggies and fruits b4 they went bad...my typical dinners include meat, veggie, potatoes, and bread/roll...the kids enjoyed what we had tonight and ate as much as they wanted and still had some left over ...it seemed like a healthy option to me...what are your thoughts? by they way this was for one adult a 7 yr old, 5 yr and 2 yr old..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:21 PM on Oct. 15, 2009 in Just for Fun

• that sounds like a decent meal, maybe your freind just likes to over-eat
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 8:41 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• eh i dont think so. Its sorta like havin' a salad for dinner. sounds good to me actually :)
    ColtsFan1912

Answer by ColtsFan1912 at 6:24 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• that is fine u dont have to have meat everynight...sometimes i make grilledcheese or pbandj hell my neices love to eat pb&j for dinner u r not starving them
    firstimemomm603

Answer by firstimemomm603 at 6:24 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• It's not a balanced meal, but you aren't starving them. I guess it's fine if it's not a regular thing.
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 6:25 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• if your feeding them its not starvation. they won't die without meat. If your worried throw some chick peas in the mix next time for protein.
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 6:25 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• if you're feeding them then they certainly can't be starving.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 6:27 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• Sounds good to me!
    Sarah1220

Answer by Sarah1220 at 6:28 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• It was a good meal to me. As long as the kids god enough to eat. You do not always have to have meat and bread with a meal. Tell your friend to mind his/her own business.

Answer by louise2 at 6:28 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• I don't see anything wrong with it. If it was every day, I might think that it's not very well balanced, but I still wouldn't say you were starving them. Heck, sometimes when I forget to get something out we end up having pizza rolls. Doesn't happen very often, but it does happen, and I don't feel like I'm starving them or feeding them in an unhealthy way. It's a now and then thing. You're fine. Just ignore your friend.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 6:29 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• There's nothing wrong with it, but I would think they might get hungry a little later on if they didn't have any protein.
    MamaTasha08

Answer by MamaTasha08 at 6:34 PM on Oct. 15, 2009