Is it okay to give spaghetti with butter to a 1 yr old?

My daughter loves spaghetti with sauce but we don't have any sauce so would it be okay to put a tiny bit of butter in it.....just enough so her noodles aren't sticky?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:24 PM on Oct. 15, 2009 in General Parenting

• Of course! She can eat what you eat....My kids love it with butter and parmesean cheese --- YUM!!!
    christyg

Answer by christyg at 6:28 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• I think that's fine. If it were me I would puree some vegetables and put them in there,
    MamaTasha08

Answer by MamaTasha08 at 6:31 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• Oh yes we eat this all the time with garlic.........yummy!
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 6:38 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• MMM noodles and butter. There is a place here who puts a little garlic and parsley in the butter, its SOOOOOO good!
    auroura

Answer by auroura at 6:44 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• OP here.........She loved it. lol. I just wanted to check with some other moms because I've never given her butter before and wasn't sure if it was one of those food items to wait on. She's my first, so I question everything almost when it comes to food.
    Anonymous

• Maybe just a little butter? I loove spaghetti noodles alone! No sauce, butter anything! LOL! I eat half the noodles when I am cooking before I even get the sauce on!
    Anonymous

• Of course.... Anything you eat, she can eat. My daughter wouldn't eat baby food from 5months old and on. So I had to chop and puree everything not chewable. She had teeth at 4months.
    kathynej7142007

Answer by kathynej7142007 at 7:23 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• you know what u should try if you haven't already.. you should try some cream of mushrooms or cream of broccolie-spelling)) with butter spegetti and shrimp.. (almost like shrimp alfado)
    mmmm it is so good, my family loves it..
    Linsigirl26

Answer by Linsigirl26 at 7:40 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• You can use olive oil to next time! Mmmm and a little Parmesan...
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:07 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• toss the whole pot of noodles with a tbls or 2 of olive oil next time, then none of them will stick together!
    sk_tennyson

Answer by sk_tennyson at 8:20 PM on Oct. 15, 2009