Are ALL two year old boys obsessed with cars? (also posted in Just for Fun)

My Son has a toybox overflowing with a variety of toys He once played with often..now they just sit there and He doesn't play with anything but His gazillion Hot Wheels and other car toys. I love it! But I still wanna know if He's the only cars addict. =P That applies to the movie Cars, too - He is Lightning McQueen's No. 1 Fan!

ajtherad

Asked by ajtherad at 6:58 PM on Oct. 15, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My son is also addicted to cars. He'll be 3 in a couple of months. Trains run a close second with airplanes coming in third. Everything else is just momentarily interesting until he sees yet another car.
    Swingkid511

Answer by Swingkid511 at 12:15 AM on Oct. 16, 2009

• lol my son is too
    ColtsFan1912

Answer by ColtsFan1912 at 7:03 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• My son (3) is obsessed with cars (but daddy races and goes to car shows almost every weekend-so cars are everywhere for us) Daddy is also a mechanic with a shop at the house so DS sees cars all day. My neighbor's son is 2 and loves cars too. However my friend's boy (2) likes dinosaurs and is not really into cars.
    Carajust

Answer by Carajust at 7:06 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• car's and thier penis's seems to be all boys favorite things.

I used to have boxes and boxes of hot wheels, I finally condensed them down, but no matter what new toy comes in they always end up back with thier cars.
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 7:11 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• My son is 18 months and he too LOVES LOVES LOVES cars and trucks. He all of a sudden at about 16 months decided he is addicted to trucks especially.
    polishprincess6

Answer by polishprincess6 at 7:12 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• my son likes learning toys the most. he plays with anything educational...he will play with his cars and spongebob and elmos every once in a while but for the most part he likes learning toys.
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 7:12 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• My first son wasn't interested in cars. My current 2 year old is. He stills his older brother's Hot Wheels cars, and turns nearly every other toy in the into a car. He's also obsessed with riding in the car and asks for it daily.
    Anonymous

• is my son at your house lol... my son will be 4 next month and its still all about cars and trucks...and mcqueen..the more the better lol..which is great i go to a HUGE flemarket and theres one guy that sells matchbox cars and hotwheels in a big plastic bag for like 5.00 we buy one bag take them home and wash them and my son has a ball. going back there to buy a few bags and stashing them for x mas..but even going to walmart there 99 cents so its a cheap buy..
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 7:24 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• No Tabbys4, I think she has my son there.....lol Yes, cars cars cars cars....the only exception is his 'rocket'. It's Rocket from Little Einsteins cartoon...he loves that thing...but 99.99% of the time it's cars!
    Eco-Mother

Answer by Eco-Mother at 10:05 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• Mine is! Lol. I think we have just about every Cars miniature there is. Though we haven't been able to find a Sally... (do you know where we can get one?? lol)

I finally had to hide the movie after watching it 2-3 times a day every day for a month.

And he seems to think, I guess because of the movie, that every car is supposed to have a name. He'll hold up each of his cars for me to name, including the generic Hot Wheels ones, and he won't get off it until I give him a name for the car.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 10:59 PM on Oct. 15, 2009