Do you wash all your clothing/linens before using them?

I've been washing new sheets and comforters all day O.O

caitxrawks

Asked by caitxrawks at 7:12 PM on Oct. 15, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Yep, I do!
    Mainly because most of the time they have that "factory" smell that I dislike and/or it's still got that kind of crisp starchy uncomfortable feeling to them.
    Plus, there have been times where I've seen women open up the zippers in comforters and stroke the fabric, and it kind of creeps me out! lol. But... I'm weird like that...
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 7:14 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• I do. I look at it like this, just as a pp said, you don't know who's been touching them, what they have, how clean they are, etc. Clothes, you don't know who's tried them on, again, what they had, what undergarments they were wearing, etc. Things could have been dropped and stepped on, it could have been bought and taken home and who knows what, then returned, etc.

If something is going to be in contact with my (or my family's) skin like that, I just prefer to make sure it's clean first.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 7:21 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• yes, and what is crazy, I am not a "neat freak" my mother sanitizes her toilet every time she uses it and said I was lunatic for washing all the new sheet sets I got a Macy's at the sale==go figure!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 7:25 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• yep. that smell they have is actually stuff sprayed on them to prevent bugs and mold from moving on in. i would not want to sleep on that stuff so i strip my new things before they are used.
    sk_tennyson

Answer by sk_tennyson at 7:26 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• yes.

you have NO idea how many people have tried those clothes on.....eEEEEW!!

and the starches and other crap thats put in the stuff by the manufacturers - first at the fabric manufacturing and then the clothing/bedding manufacturer.

hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 7:36 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• Tops and pants, no. If I decide I don't like it then I can return it or exchange it.
    Undies, bras, towels, and all bedding - yes! I would never dream of returning any of these items unless there were major defects with them. I don't like the "smell" on them, either.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 7:40 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• YEP! I just recently pulled out the winter comforters and fleece sheets!

Wash wash wash! ;D
    kerri-

Answer by kerri- at 8:24 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• YES. I wash everything before using or wearing it, except socks. I think it's because people don't try on socks.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 9:17 PM on Oct. 15, 2009