H1N1... do you think people are over reacting a little?

I work at a clothing warehouse, and people are going crazy over the H1N1. The supervisors are telling us daily to "Wash your hands, Sanitize, use the anibacteria wipes"... ext. I feel like i'm the only one, that was taught this at an early age. To me, its like anything else. Am I the only one thats not freaking over this? I also read that there were only 10 deaths- and that was due to other health issues that were underlying this.

just curious.... thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:24 PM on Oct. 15, 2009 in Health

• Ok...everyone needs to think of it this way...the season is just starting and how much would you all be bitching if the gov"t didn't make a stink about this virus and it did end up turning into a real nasty outbreak????? What if thousands of children died and they DIDN'T warn us? Why not be more safe than sorry????
    Anonymous

• im freaked out about the whole thing you know today actually i got a text and it said the swine flu vaccine contains leathal amounts of mercury....
    SPC.armywife

Answer by SPC.armywife at 7:32 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• I agree with you 100%

a lot of common sense for hygeine, cleanliness, and habits and we'll be fine.

hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 7:35 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• I think they are WAY over reacting! It's ridiculous! They said on the news today that the CDC says over 99% of flu cases this year are H1N1 but that out of the 19 deaths only 16 of them are from H1N1 which actually gives the percentage of people dying from the regular flu as higher!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 7:35 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• First of all SPC--I really hope you don't believe the texts you get on your phone!!

And Sabrina-yes, there are more people dying from the reg flu--but the season has just begun. There will be more deaths...this thing will prob mutate and why not take some basic precautions if it means your family will stay healthy? I think what they are worried about is that this thing is effecting pregnant woman and children-while the reg flu mostly affects the elderly and people with low immune systems from things like HIV.
    Anonymous

• I don't think everyone is overreacting, what I do think is people are being stupid and not following simple rule, like washing you hands, staying home when you are sick and such, I mean I went grocery shopping and was standing next to a mom and her daughter and they both had face masks on and the little girl kept taking the mask off, the mom kept telling her to put it back on honey remember you have swine flu...Thats what I think the problem is people not saying home when they are sick
    Anonymous

• i think people just need to be clean
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 8:00 PM on Oct. 15, 2009