what would you do if you needed transportion Saturday to get a box of food

Yes I feel silly posting this and I am about to cry myboyfriends car is broke down and he does not have the money to get the part I have paid $30.00 for this food okay and if I dont get a ride that is somebodys elses food I have cried like crazy and I am about to start again no joke I know I am not going to sleep a cab will cost to much and I have my handicapped daughter with me what would you moms do please all replys ASAP oh you have to bring your own box another problem

blessed2877

Asked by blessed2877 at 7:30 PM on Oct. 15, 2009 in Home & Garden

• I would ask a neighbor that you trust for help.
    Anonymous

• walk? Ask a neighbor? How is it you paid for food you have to pick up?
    Anonymous

• I walk everywhere everyday, even in the snow, with my 9 month old and 2 year old. If you need food you gotta do what you gotta do. If you need a box I'm sure you can find one for free at a grocery store or a gas station. Heck even call a church and ask if they could help you out.
    sk_tennyson

Answer by sk_tennyson at 7:37 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• Be honest with someone you think might help you.  Tell them whats going on.   If all else fails, walk.  I know it sucks and I don't know how far you would have to walk but thats what I would do before we got a car.  I'd walk all over town.  Can you take a backpack instead of a box?  That might make it easier on you.  Or even riding a bike.  I don't suggest waiting on anyone else to get done what needs to be done.  If this were happening to me, I'd get on my bike and suck it up and go get my food.  Don't cry babe, something will come through.

Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 7:37 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• Do you live somewhere with public transit? What about iGo? They usually have specials with your first $50 or $75 of use is free.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:09 AM on Oct. 16, 2009

• Is this angel ministries...maybe try calling and explaining your situation and see if someone could drop off the food. Ask a neighbor or friend to help...maybe oneof your boyfriends coworkers could pick it up.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 12:40 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• Call the church you are getting your food box from & explain your situation. They may have someone who can come pick you up or drop off the box of food to you. They may be willing to hold onto the box for a few extra days if you can find a ride to get there at a later date. This is a church & the idea of doing AngelFood Ministries is to minister to those in need & you are in need. Heck, if you lived in my state, I'd take you.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 7:26 PM on Oct. 16, 2009