parochial schools moms

If you send your child to a religious parochail school, what does the school teach about evolution?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:44 PM on Oct. 15, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• At our school they teach creationism through elementary, and both evolution and intelligent design (both in depth) from jr. high on.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 7:54 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• The learn from kindergarden on that God created the world and everything in it. In middles school they begin to learn about the basics of the scientific theory of evolution and discuss that based on research, this is our current understanding of the tools God used to diversify life here on earth.
    eringobrough

Answer by eringobrough at 8:40 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• My kids go to a Catholic school but none of them are old enough for evolution yet. My oldest is in 4th grade and they have just started delving deeper into science.
    But, if it's anything like when I was in school, we learned all about evolution from at least 7th grade on. The two ideas were always separate. We learned about evolution (and the idea of the big bang theory) in science class and then (at least in 8th grade) went right to religion class where we studied the Bible and the creation story, etc. Occasionally the teachers would open the floor for us to discuss both. They always let us come to our own conclusions one way or the other.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:03 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• I went to Catholic schools and my children go to Catholic schools, we learn about religion in religion class and science in science class.
    erdavh

Answer by erdavh at 9:58 AM on Oct. 16, 2009