Is anyone shocked that the 6 year old was hiding all along?

A six year old was playing outside with his older brother. His brother thought he saw his younger brother jump in their homemade balloon! The balloon took off,people were worried because they thought he was in the balloon! it turns out he was hiding!Heres the question are u shocked?!!!!!

peaceout2hip

Asked by peaceout2hip at 7:50 PM on Oct. 15, 2009 in Entertainment

• Honestly, it totally sounds like something a kid would do to me. My brother did that once--- hiding in the back of the closet (he fell asleep). We'd called the police, had the whole neighborhood out searching for him, and all the relatives over. If we'd had a hot air balloon take off we would have been on the news back then too!
    IrishMommaC

Answer by IrishMommaC at 7:52 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• When I heard the story for the first time, it was after the balloon was down and the child wasn't found. I said, right out loud: I'll bet there's another brother about 8 and he didn't really see the child go into it and the kid is hiding. I'll bet one of them pulled the tether and concocted this story. That's what I said immediately, lol....
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 7:52 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• nope.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 8:12 AM on Oct. 16, 2009

• On the news this morning they reported in a live interview the boy said they did it for TV. So i think the parents did this. I thought the boy let the balloon go and was hiding because he didnt want to get in trouble but another mom pointed something out yesterday that has me thinking this was a hoax!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:55 AM on Oct. 16, 2009

• Not shocked at all. This family was on Wife Swap...they are a bizarre family!
    Loryl

Answer by Loryl at 5:31 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• I heard the boy say that they did it for tv too but I was thinking that they could have been building the hot air balloon for tv and that might be what he meant...just a thought...
    NinnaRenae

Answer by NinnaRenae at 11:42 PM on Oct. 16, 2009