My son loves to stay with his mamaw and papaw alot! I get critasized alot because I let him stay. Does this make me a bad mom?

cindimoore

Asked by cindimoore at 7:56 PM on Oct. 15, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• NO, it makes you a good mom! My DS loves to go to his grandpa and grandmas and I let him do it pretty much whenever they want him too, they are not going to be here forever, and some of my fondest memories are staying with my grandma, she taught me how to cook--I never figured out why my mom never learned LOL! A close family is the best thing anyone could ever have, although my DS at the moment has been their only grandchild, just found out my brother (then anti-kid) is finally going to have a bambino, so DS days may be numbered as the favorite son, ha ha, I think your a great mom, for being unselfish and letting everyone have their time!! God Bless you, when your parents are not around any more your son is going to have great memories!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 8:47 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• Why are you posting this again?
    Anonymous

• When i was a little girl I went to stay with my mamaw and papaw every weekend. I was papaws girl. I dont see what difference it makes if your ds loves going there. who cares what other people think. The only concern i could even see is just make sure they are giving him a rounded diet and not just cakes and cookies all the time.
    Grandparents love to do that LOL
    SaturnsMom

Answer by SaturnsMom at 10:34 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• Gosh no! I use to stay with my great-grandma ALL the time! I love it there, not that I didn't at home. Even as I got older I still did a bit. I hope my daughter wants to spend nights at her grandparents. it's good to have a good relationship with grandparents (and great grandparents if they have them).
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:42 AM on Oct. 16, 2009

• No it doesn't make you a bad mom. My son is 5 and is at Nana's and Poppy's all the time. Sometimes for 2 or 3 days at a time, he knows there house is their second home and he can be there or here whenever he wants!

His father is rarely in the picture, but he calls his stepdad "dad" and it's reassuring that my son knows he has family he can depend on and essentially has two homes.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 1:41 PM on Oct. 17, 2009