hate in the bible?

why is the word hate so bad? I know a family that will the "F" word at least a 100 times a day but get upset when the kid says I hate you but "F" you is just fine.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:18 PM on Oct. 15, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• this is a double standard.
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 8:31 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• That's what you call ironic. Some people just think the word "hate" is too strong for them. I personally use it like bread and butter, it means nothing vulgar to me. What does it have to do with the bible, though?
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 8:59 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• It is not in the Bible that hate is a BAD word. In my family, with our religion we don't typically use that word a whole lot, but apply it sometimes because it's a commonly used word. But It's not a terrible word we should refrain from, just one some like to use with caution I guess you could say.
    HilWeirick

Answer by HilWeirick at 10:22 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• I don't think the Bible is referring to the word so much as it is referring to the ACTION.

KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 10:28 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• As I have been taught to read the bible we are NOT allowed to even feel hate. Because it means the same as having killed someone Jesus said. I have been taught to read it literal though...
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 12:16 AM on Oct. 16, 2009

• Frankly I think that most people HATE... alot more than they realize.
    Think about all the people you complain about.. 90% OF THEM you actually hate.

Especially the people you say the following about..... "I love xxxxx BUT man I HATE when she does this... or he acts like this.."

Next time just shorten the sentence.. I HATE THIS PERSON WHEN THEY.....

We all strive to see ourselves better than we are.. And when we say.... anything and then put a but... infront of the rest of the sentance.. WE nullify the first part of the sentance.
    MAKEMYDAY101

Answer by MAKEMYDAY101 at 4:18 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• god is love
    lawla

Answer by lawla at 9:49 PM on Oct. 17, 2009