CM/ cervix question

ok so I usually can tell when I'm fertile because of cervical mucus. So I noticed the typical egg white signaling fertility...except I got curious and checked my cervix- absolutely tip of nose feeling if not firmer. (which apparently means not fertile). This is day two or three CM happening. I'm confused. I would think that my cervix would either be softening or soft, but it is clearly hard, yet high. I'm not even sure what to ask...what's up with that? Also, if I were to have gotten pregnant, how quickly does the cervix close up? The chances this month are low, but I'd be interested for the future.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:20 PM on Oct. 15, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I don't know about the high/firm combination, but it closes immediately after ovulation, whether pregnancy occurs or not.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 10:51 PM on Oct. 15, 2009