This is pretty freaky, don't you think?

Stockholm is using bunnies for heat.
http://www.thelocal.se/22610/20091012/

Carpy

Asked by Carpy at 8:21 PM on Oct. 15, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I know they're cute and fuzzy, but they truly are rodents. They have a problem with these rodents, so they deal with them. Then they use dead rodents as bio-energy. Maybe it's because I live in a state where we've had to do population control with animals, and I know that the dead animals don't get a burial or any stupid crap like that, but I don't see what's freaky about it.

Here in the good ol' US we kill animals to keep populations in check and dispose of the bodies in all sorts of lovely ways. I just asked my husband, and he said that animals like deer, elk, and rodents that can ingest and pass on disease are burned in an effort to stop the disease from passing.

I don't find it freaky, but then again I'm more aware of what we do with animals here too.
    Jafra_mommy

Answer by Jafra_mommy at 8:50 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• There's definitely an ick factor.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:48 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• I don't find it freaky, but then again I'm more aware of what we do with animals here too.

I live in Northern Michigan, so I am too, but I still find it freaky.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 5:08 AM on Oct. 16, 2009

• I not an animal person, but that is just plain YUCKY. The meat is rather tasty why waste it on heat? blech.
    Anonymous