Getting my son a doll?

H Im Hayley i am 18 and have a 19 month old son and am pregnnat i was thinking of getting his a doll to learn to be nice to the doll nad maybe that will transfer to being nice to the baby but my husband said it will make him gay what do you guys think?

YoungMommyToBe8

Asked by YoungMommyToBe8 at 8:24 PM on Oct. 15, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• we did that for my little brother. and we called the doll baby jayson. he loved baby jayson. it was precious. i think its a good way of teaching him how to hold it and not what to do. good luck!
    mommyofacarter

Answer by mommyofacarter at 8:27 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• i think your husband is a dumbass. you dont MAKE someone gay, people are born that way. i would get him a boy doll though. boy dolls are super cute ;)
    sk_tennyson

Answer by sk_tennyson at 8:28 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• Thank you my husband keeps saying no no I will have to buy the doll behind his back :)
    YoungMommyToBe8

Answer by YoungMommyToBe8 at 8:29 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• The doll will not make him gay or soft, if anything it will teach him how to handle his new baby that is coming and teach him how to be a big brother, like feeding, changing(with help) etc.. Also I can say that after years of my son playing with dolls and my DD playing with trucks etc, neither are gay or confused. They are both very close in age and play with each others toys. Play is a great teaching tool.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 8:35 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• Do it. A doll will not make a little boy gay. It will definitely help him if you treat it like a real baby - showing him with the doll how you have to be very gentle and careful with baby's head, don't touch baby's eyes, etc. Tell him to stuff it and get the boy a doll.
    Anonymous

• Of course, getting a boy a doll is what turns boys gay! Your husband can't be that stupid! If we didn't give any boys dolls there would be no gay men.

It's a great idea to get your son a doll. All three of my sons had dolls. None of them are gay. One is a stay at home dad. You may be able to find a 'boy' doll.

If your husband won't let you get a doll you could get a baby size teddy bear and a little cradle. I think there is a pattern to sew a carrier, kind of like a moses basket for dolls. I made one of these for my kids and then had a premie baby and we used the doll carrier for the baby. There are instructions online to sew a little sling for kids to put their dolls or stuffed animals in. Go to google and type in sew a sling.

Congratulations on your new baby.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 8:38 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• Thank you i have shown my husband what ya'll are saying and he now agrees so we are going to get him a boy doll and hopefully get him use to the idea of how to treat a realy baby
    YoungMommyToBe8

Answer by YoungMommyToBe8 at 8:46 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• i think your husband is a dumbass

This. This exactly. :)
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 9:01 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• Get him a boy doll. A male Cabbage Patch kid would be really cute. My dd has boy and girl dollies.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 9:39 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• I think your hubby is homophobic and fears nothing more than his son being gay. Tell him to get over himself and his fears and get the doll. It will help with a new baby coming.
    Eco-Mother

Answer by Eco-Mother at 10:08 PM on Oct. 15, 2009