Do I REALLY need to drink all this water to lose weight.... and...?

I hate drinking water so I bought the crystal light singles to put into the water bottle, is this actually okay for you?

AND

Do I REALLY have to drink 8 glasses a day!?!

AshJoe05

Asked by AshJoe05 at 8:30 PM on Oct. 15, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Ive heard its not necessarily 8 glasses anymore(although I have seen some say it is)but that its more like 1/2 your body weight that you should be drinking in water a day.

I use those types of flavor packets and I dont believe there is anything bad or wrong with them cuz there isnt much to them. If you dont have artificial flavor issues I think you'd be fine. Calorie wise they are great cuz they either have like 5 or none LOL. Only way I can drink water is with one in it.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 8:33 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• yeah water really helps, you'll be less hungry and generally feel better

try to get drink packets without aspartame if you can, i personally don't see the big deal but people seem to hate that stuff
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 8:36 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• Eight glasses a day has always been the recommendation not only for weight loss but for great skin. And it will help you to lose weight.

Answer by gdiamante at 8:39 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• You know, I never lost weight drinking all that water nor did it give me energy. I still try to drink it though LOL.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 8:40 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• I see no problem with using the Crystal Light packets, BUT use more water than the "recommended" 16.9 oz - I use one packet in a 24 oz bottle and most flavors are still too strong. I drink 2 bottles like that plus water, as well as other things. But yes, getting enough water will help. And it's better for you than other beverages!
    Anonymous

• try some lemon/lemon juice in your water, i like fresh lemon b/c it tastes better than the kind in the little plastic lemon. and yes, you need about 64 ounces a day, it's really not hard especially if you make it ice cold. i used to hate water, but i like it now.
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 8:54 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• Ahhh I always forget lemon. Mom and I used to do that too and it was nice.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 9:05 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• The first person is right. They have changed the 8 glasses of water 'rule' and you are supposed to drink to thirst. I live in the desert and need to drink much more.

Artificial sweetened drinks are BAD. They make you crave about the equal amount of calories that they replace.

You might try different plain bottled waters, filtered water, ect. I like cold tap water with store bought ice. I can get a big bag of ice at the Jack in the Box drive up window.

I have a masters degree in health science and I get health news that I read every day. That's how I know about the 8 glasses of water and the artificial sweetener.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 9:09 PM on Oct. 15, 2009