Looking for good/healthy recipes... anyone?

Trying to lose weight, even if it means eating a plate full of veggies.... I was hoping to get yummy recipes though so I didn't have to do that! lol

AshJoe05

Asked by AshJoe05 at 8:31 PM on Oct. 15, 2009 in Just for Fun

• pasta is the enemy, I cut out all white flour and started taking vitamin D ALOT and have lost 13 lbs in 1 month, good recipie that no one knows is healthy when they eat it LOL
    4 cans northern beans
    2cans black beans
    2cans diced tomatos
    1large white or yellow onion
    2cans diced green chilies
    3-4 tsp cumin
    2tsp salt
    2tsp pepper
    4-6 bullion cubes (chicken)
    2 lbs chicken breast
    put all in crock pot on low 5-6 hours or high about 3, you can add jalapenos or taco spice, if your family likes it more pumped up, serve with cheddar cheese and low fat sour cream for garnish, I use guiltless gormuet chips for my crackers, good luck!\
    You can also google low carb recipies, I found some great ones!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 8:37 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• No disrespect intended for kimigogo's great post, but be cautious about taking any vitamin in excess- check with your doctor or a dietitian.

Another low carb meal is lots of greens and fresh vegetables and cut up cooked eggs, cheese, lean poultry or meat, lite dressing.

Answer by Bmat at 9:14 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• I haven't had money and have lost a lot of weight on what I call the starvation diet. I've gone from size 20 jeans to size 16 today!!!! We haven't had money to go do laundry so I decided to try size 16 jeans I had packed away and they fit.

I wouldn't recommend the starvation diet but I have learned some things. If you eat small servings all the time for long enough you start not wanting big servings or even being able to eat a lot. I have cereal - cheap, vitamins, fiber, calcium from the milk. OJ with calcium - vitamin C and other vitamins, some other fruits & veggies if I can get them, and meat. My son works in a meat department of an organic grocery and he usually brings me something they can't sell and he can get cheap. Some days I probably only eat 500 calories.

I'm 53 and about 3 days a week I take care of my toddler grandbaby. I live with one of my sons and take care of his house. So I do a lot of stuff.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 9:20 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• Hi when I meant alot, I had my level checked and was very low, I found out most overweight women are, I take 3 x's the daily rec, as instructed by my doc!! I should have made that clear, but it is an inexpensive blood test!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 9:45 PM on Oct. 15, 2009