why do people think infertiliy is only a problem for older ladies?

iam 21 years old and i have a 7 month old baby people always say im too young to have problem getting pregnant it took me 2 yrs to get pregnant we are seeing right now if i can get pregnant with out but if i dont get pregnant in a year or 2 we will do fertiliy drugs

keithamy06

Asked by keithamy06 at 9:02 PM on Oct. 15, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• It is a myth that it's a problem only for older women. But let me point you to "Taking Charge of Your Fertility" by Toni Wechsler. Might only be a timing issue.

Answer by gdiamante at 9:08 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• As far as I know, most people don't think fertility problems occur only in older women. Maybe people commenting to you really mean that you have lots of time to try for another baby. However, since fertility begins to decline in your late 20's, many women who wait until their 40's to decide to have a baby are more prone to have fertility issues. But, I think most people realize that fertility problems can occur at any age.
    Southernroots

Answer by Southernroots at 9:39 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• Because a lot of people are not educated about certain things. They only know what they are told and maybe they were only told older women have problems by someone and didn't think to research it themselves. I'm sorry you're having problems. I hope you're able to conceive without fertility drugs. GL!
    sweettigeress

Answer by sweettigeress at 12:14 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• I am also 21, got pregnant with my DS first try unprotected, and since coming off bc pills 7 months ago, we've been TTC with no luck! Will be starting my first round of clomid in 2 days, very nervous, very optimistic. Good luck to you (and me :])!!!
    mamie2shoes

Answer by mamie2shoes at 1:21 PM on Oct. 19, 2009