3 month old teething

MY 3 month old son started eating at his fists and drooling for about a week now and then two days ago a little tooth emerged...he got a bit fussy, and then yesterday another...now he is cring all the time and seems to be in a lot of pain pulls at his ears and dont like to lay flat....this is my first teething child....what do i do???

goodysmommy

Asked by goodysmommy at 9:18 PM on Oct. 15, 2009 in Health

• It sounds to me like in addition to teething that he may have an ear infection (pulling at ears; not wanting to lay down are signs) Does he have a fever? If so, I would take him to the dr. because fever is NOT a sign of teething. Good luck. (btw, I've raised 5 kids & all of them got their first two bottom teeth by 4 mo old.)
    Anonymous

• Sure take him to the DR. it could be an ear infection and the only way to tell is for DR to look in the ears..... It's ok, if you bring him and it's nothing, it's the right thing to do. Until he gets about 1.5 years you'll be at the Dr's office often, with all sorts of rashes, fevers, infected finger nails, constipation, and pink eyes!! you'll feel better after you take him, and if the DR gives you a hard time, get a new DR!!
    Anonymous

• Hylands teething tab and frozen, damp washcloths

Answer by rkoloms at 8:36 AM on Oct. 16, 2009

• He has no fever and now that both teeth have fully emerged he seems to be settling down. Unfortunately due to insurance problems he is without a dr till november 1st so I would rather not take him to hospital unless it is absolutely necessary. If he runs a fever I wont hesitate to go tho!
    goodysmommy

Answer by goodysmommy at 3:27 PM on Oct. 16, 2009