Need advice on a three year old

My son never wants to be at my house anymore. He is always saying he wants to see his grandma. It hurts my feelings when he says that. I don't know why he doesn't like being at my house hes my son. I take him to parks and ride bikes. we have a lot of fun.I don't get it. Does anyone have any advice other than buying him tons of stuff and competing with his grandma? Or know if this is just a stage?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:18 PM on Oct. 15, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• He will grow out of it. My 3 YO is currently in the "I don't love you" stage. But I know he will grow out of it. My 5 YO did when he was younger....
    But if you are really worried then I would try limiting time with Grandma for a while and see what happens....Just a thought... Good luck!
    mominbolt

Answer by mominbolt at 9:24 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• is this your mom or mother in law?? well if it was my mom i wouldn't be upset..plus my mom stays right next door. but if it was my mother in law than yes i would feel a lil hurt. are you and your husband serperated

Anonymous

• yes its my mother in law. me ex and I are divorced. I think I am going to limit time. Thanks you guys for the advice.
    Laurecey

Answer by Laurecey at 11:01 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• to anon: why does it matter if its mother or MIL!!! To a KID its a grandparent!

To OP:
    It is normal! Its just a part of being a child... If it bothers you limit the time. Set boundaries. Set it to where the child can only go over there certain hours . certain days.. talk to the grandparent & let them know its not against them, you just want to get closer to your child & if you are open enough let it out! Your jealous! Its OK... Maybe the grandparent can give you some words of wisdom. maybe they went through the same thing with you / dh!!!
    grandparents are extra special to kids. and enjoy it! Kids only get so long with their grandparents! And try to understand how you will be when your child makes a child -- you will want to spoil them & love them & one day maybe you will be "that favorite grandmother!"
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 11:15 PM on Oct. 15, 2009