I'm so goddamn angry!!! PA judgement.

I was at costco and was at the check out line. A lady behind ne was saying how cute my kids are and how twins are a handfull and blah blah. I'm checking out and ran my foodstamps card. Apparently costco does not take food stamps. The lady behind the counter said omg what's ebt? I say it's foodstamps and the lady behind me starts busting up laughing. I run my debit card and run out. I'm so angry. How freaking rude. Has anyone else ever been judged by using food stamps? I never got looks or felt emberassed until that bitc*

dennysgirl07

Asked by dennysgirl07 at 9:26 PM on Oct. 15, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I used to get looks from people when i used my food stamps and i still have a full time job. Sometimes you need help that is why it is there. You do not need to explain yourself to any one.
    seashore29

Answer by seashore29 at 10:27 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• Awww. Why didn't you clock her in the face?
    kerri-

Answer by kerri- at 9:30 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• i would have left the buggy full of grocerys there and left
    ashley_nick30

Answer by ashley_nick30 at 9:31 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• That was definitely rude! Never been in that situation because I've never been on PA
    BUT If I was eligible Iwould take it. Every little bit helps!! :)

kerri-

Answer by kerri- at 9:34 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• I should have left but I drove 20 minutes to get their awesome brand of diapers that are 236 for 40 bucks. And I had a coupon that expired that week lol. I was so emberassed!! I should have turned to her and been like, "my husband is dead and I have no help. I'd like to see you deal without help from the govt ". Of course that's not true but she was so quick to judge
    dennysgirl07

Answer by dennysgirl07 at 9:38 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• how do you know she wasn't laughing at the ignorant cashier? she of all people should've known what your card was...if they don't accept them, she should know that, too.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 9:42 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• Thats what I was just thinking.  She could've been laughing at the cashier.  I would have laughed, not at you but at the cashier. 

Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 9:43 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• Sam's Club doesnt take EBT either in case anyone is wondering. I used to work there. I cant believe the cashier wouldnt know what it was. I am pretty sure you are not the only person whose tried to use it there not knowing! I think she was a bit dense!
    Anonymous

• Ouch
    Anonymous