Shaving Problem (TMI warning!)

I had shaved my pubic hair for years now. The day after I shave, I itch REAL bad. I usually just deal with it but tonight it's kind of unbearable!! lol Are there any tricks to getting it to stop itching so bad??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:26 PM on Oct. 15, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• sorry..wish i could help....i'm in the same boat! LOL
    mominbolt

Answer by mominbolt at 9:29 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• I've shaved the nethersfor years also. Shave at least once a week or more depending on the rate of regrowth. I've noticed that the itching is worse after shaving if I am too busy/tired and let it go for several days too long before shaving again. Moisturize like crazy afterwards. I use baby oil after every bath/shower, the kind with aloe added. I kind of sponge off afterward to remove excess oil. Hope this helps.
    Anonymous

• the lady that did one of my tattoos happened to be a stripper at one point ( ya i know, but she's a great lady lol) anyway she said a stripper trick was to get deodorant like dove, something for sensitive skin and put it on down there after shaving. i'm not kidding it works! just get one of those tiny cheap ones for just that purpose.
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 10:18 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• Maybe you could use a bit of aloe after you get out of the shower.
    crystac

Answer by crystac at 11:41 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• The reason your itching is bc u cut off the top layers of skin and they are regrowing while your hair is regrowing too. Put Neosporin on the entire area. It'll be thick but it will help instantly.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:24 AM on Oct. 16, 2009

• I have heard of the deoderant thing to...I wouldnt use the gel kind just regular unscented stick kind.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 5:22 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• I would recommend Tend Skin - they sell it at spas and it's wonderful for irritation. Also - I get a wax every few weeks for my pubic hair and it's so much easier than shaving! If you can afford it, I would highly recommend it.

Answer by missanc at 4:19 AM on Oct. 17, 2009

• Pubic hair is not MEANT to be shaved. That's why God put it there to protect us from what you are experiencing!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:51 AM on Oct. 17, 2009

• it'll hurt like hell, but i've found that it helps to wipe the area right after shaving with a cotton ball soaked in astringent....no bumps and no itching!
    LoriaAnn

Answer by LoriaAnn at 4:11 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

• anon 6:51

do you not shave ANYTHING?
    LoriaAnn

Answer by LoriaAnn at 4:12 PM on Oct. 17, 2009