falling asleep help

Ok I have asked about sleep problems with my little one before and things are getting a little better but she has trouble soothing herself to sleep either at first or when she wakes up...sleep training has started. But... how long do I let her cry? 30min? 1hr? 2hrs? before I giver her a break. They say dont pick her up and I can let her cry for a while just how long is too long? She is 6months now :)

mtk35

Asked by mtk35 at 9:41 PM on Oct. 15, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Go pick her up and don't let her cry! Crying isn't going to help. Babies want to be soothed...that is why she is crying. Just rock her, bounce her, sing to her and she'll eventually go to sleep.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 9:46 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• Pick up a copy of "The No Cry Sleep Solution" by Elizabeth Pantley. It will help.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:02 AM on Oct. 16, 2009

• i wouldnt do hours... but thats just me... i think all moms know what cries are trully needing and what ones are a fit. every once in a while my daughter cries and i would try to soothe her while she is in bed..(patting her back, singing, etc.). and if that doesnt work pick her up to calm her down and then try to lay her down again. It might just take her a while to get into the routine. I noticed it was easier for my DD to go back to sleep if there was a night light and music on in her room. If she does wake up she looks around and then goes back to sleep... Good luck!
    Newmom11309

Answer by Newmom11309 at 11:46 PM on Oct. 17, 2009