My 11 month old bites

Is this a normal thing? He has 8 teeth, and he bites hard! I dont think he realizes he is hurting us, but how do I get him to stop?

shannonre

Asked by shannonre at 9:51 PM on Oct. 15, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son is 10 months and bites too! And man does it hurt! He doesn't realize it hurts you. My son will laugh after he bites, simply because he doesn't know what he is doing. I even will say "ow!" Very loud and he still doesn't understand. Have you tried telling him after he bites that it hurts you? He may see by the reaction on your face that it's not something he should continue to do.
    Ctepanee

Answer by Ctepanee at 10:17 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• tell him "no biting," put him down and walk away for a minute. Do iit as imediatly and as consistantly as possible, it takes a while but he'll get the picture, my ds used to do the same thing. Also remind him when he's mouthing you or getting close too biting you, just say "no biting."
    gypsymama532

Answer by gypsymama532 at 10:36 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• that is so funny my daughter is 11months has eight teeth and bites all the time.....imagine how i cringe when i breastfeed:)
    sunflower39346

Answer by sunflower39346 at 10:39 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• Yeah, it's normal. Just tell him NO. Eventually he'll get it.
    Swingkid511

Answer by Swingkid511 at 11:58 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• My kids never did that.Give him a cookie.To the girl who told you to tell him no he get it that will NOT help that like if you hit there hand for getting into something you dont do it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:16 AM on Oct. 16, 2009

• Bite him back! not hard enough to trully hurt him but enough to make him realize it hurts. Kids dont know. If you dont another child would and they may not be so nice.
    Anonymous