My son is 11 days old & was drinking the already mixed Similac from the hospital, now that I ran out I'm using the Similac powder but he doesn't finish his bottle & it looks watery then the pre-mixed (more expensive) what Formula is your baby on & do you think Enfamil brand is better??

NicksMom11385

Asked by NicksMom11385 at 9:54 PM on Oct. 15, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I used Enfamil with my first son, but my youngest didnt take to it very well. I used Similac Advanced Early Shied and he seemed to like it better. Both brands are very good it just depends on which you prefer.
    Amanda7891

Answer by Amanda7891 at 10:00 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• I've said this before in a few other answers. It sounds strange, but I like Walmart's Parent's Choice formula the best of all the formulas. I tried Enfamil and Similac and they produce a lot of bubbles when mixed which then creates more gas. The PC hardly produces any bubbles/gas at all, smells better, costs a lot less, and my baby preferred the taste of PC to Enfamil and Similac.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 10:12 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• Did you try to breastfeed at all? I think it's always a good idea to at least try. With my kids, I breastfed as long as they would let me and then after that I used whatever I got from wic and then I supplemented with Parent's Choice brand. Just expirement and see what works for your baby best.
    Anonymous

• All formula is the same, really. The "best" formula is the one your baby doesn't puke up too much. The expensive ones are not better, so don't stress yourself about that.
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 11:11 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• i use infamil prosobee and it looks alot more watered down then the already mixed dont know why but it does....go with which ever is better for u
    firstimemomm603

Answer by firstimemomm603 at 11:17 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• They are all about the same.
    Anonymous

• I think Enfamil and Similac are equally nutritious. I used Enfamil with my daughter, then Similac with my son because by then WIC would only give that brand. My DD liked the liquid formula better, too, for some reason. It is a lot more expensive. Both kids are very healthy after drinking the powdered formula the first year.
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 12:22 AM on Oct. 16, 2009

• It will look at lil watered down, compared to the ready feed. However, they are both the same. Power is Much less expensive. We use the Similac Senstive (orange) and I use both ready-feed and powder. The ready fed bottles are great when your on the go. If the hospital gave you the Neo-sure then it is def ALOT thicker than anyother brand! Good Luck!
    momtopreemie521

Answer by momtopreemie521 at 6:57 AM on Oct. 16, 2009

• Go to the store and look at the labels, they are all nutritionally the same. Powder, liquid concentrate and ready to feed all have different consistencies. Power being the most watery and ready to feed the thickest, but they all are the same.

When I use the powder I mix up a couple bottles at a time and I do it before I need them so they have time to sit and the bubbles to go away. Just make up a couple, put them in the fridge and warm up under hot water. Now after the basic formula there are all of the specialty formulas, many of them will be very much thicker. Right now just stick with the brand you were given, only change after talking to your doc.

littleredpony

Answer by littleredpony at 7:22 AM on Oct. 16, 2009

• I have used similac advanced early shield and I havent had any problems.
    Cappy1979

Answer by Cappy1979 at 7:41 AM on Oct. 16, 2009