rectal & stomach pain....? TMI

so today started off pretty normal, but just a little bit ago i got out of the shower (after feeling really dizzy and just exhausted) and i was getting my pjs on when i started to get really bad pains in my butt & stomach...they were really sharp shooting pain that shot up my rectum and the front of my stomach. i have pooped twice already and even before i was preganant i didnt go that much. i poop maybe once every few days. i have so much pressure on my butt that i can barely this noraml? what is causing these really sharp pains? i have already lost my plug and now i am timing contractions, im 37 weeks pregnant.

Asked by Anonymous at 9:56 PM on Oct. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Hard bowel movements?  Thats what I had.  It took awhile for my body to clean itself out.  Like I said though, I would actually suggest going to the emergency room now.  If you are pooping and still having these pains they could be labor.  So I change my suggestion from "taking a healthy crap" to "going to the emergency room",   ;)

Answer by Katrina3016 at 10:32 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• it could be gas. does it feel like its a shooting pain?

• Have you called your dr?

Answer by aklebeyers at 9:58 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• ::OP::
    yeah its a very sharp shooting pain, my doc is out of town and she comes back tomorrow, i have an appointment with her then. this pain seriously makes me want to cry! it hurts sooo bad!!!! and when it stops i just have really kinda dull aches, but the pressure on my butt does not go away at all.

• I'm happy that you are going to your DR. tomorrow but I will try and help right now.  Have you been having diarrhea?  You might be having diarrhea.   It's your body's way of preparing for birth.  I've had that going on for a few days.   After you take a REALLY REALLY good crap, you should feel better.  If you are worried, go to the emergency room.  It's ALWAYS better to be safe than sorry!

Answer by Katrina3016 at 10:10 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• ::OP::
    to be quite honest even when im really sick i never get diarreah. i think i have IBS or something b/c i hardly ever poop and its usually really hard, and like rabbit turds lol so for me to go more than once a day is VERY uncommon. i went and took a poop though and the pains were still there! when they started i went and sat on the toilet thinking maybe i have to poop again and i did, but all this still continues.

• You may be constipated and the hard poop is causing pains when it moves down your intestines into your rectum.

• ::OP::
    LMAO oh god Katrina i love you! im going to talk to dh about it, he suppose to leave for work in like less than 30 min.

• i always have super hard poop, i have all my llife and it has never hurt like this before. im usually pretty constipated too, like i said ever before i got pregnant i would go maybe once a week or once every two weeks...i hardly ever poop, it sucks cause i always look bloated.