rectal & stomach pain....? TMI

so today started off pretty normal, but just a little bit ago i got out of the shower (after feeling really dizzy and just exhausted) and i was getting my pjs on when i started to get really bad pains in my butt & stomach...they were really sharp shooting pain that shot up my rectum and the front of my stomach. i have pooped twice already and even before i was preganant i didnt go that much. i poop maybe once every few days. i have so much pressure on my butt that i can barely walk...is this noraml? what is causing these really sharp pains? i have already lost my plug and now i am timing contractions, im 37 weeks pregnant.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:56 PM on Oct. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Hard bowel movements?  Thats what I had.  It took awhile for my body to clean itself out.  Like I said though, I would actually suggest going to the emergency room now.  If you are pooping and still having these pains they could be labor.  So I change my suggestion from "taking a healthy crap" to "going to the emergency room",   ;)

Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 10:32 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• it could be gas. does it feel like its a shooting pain?
    Anonymous

• Have you called your dr?
    aklebeyers

Answer by aklebeyers at 9:58 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• ::OP::
    yeah its a very sharp shooting pain, my doc is out of town and she comes back tomorrow, i have an appointment with her then. this pain seriously makes me want to cry! it hurts sooo bad!!!! and when it stops i just have really kinda dull aches, but the pressure on my butt does not go away at all.
    Anonymous

• I'm happy that you are going to your DR. tomorrow but I will try and help right now.  Have you been having diarrhea?  You might be having diarrhea.   It's your body's way of preparing for birth.  I've had that going on for a few days.   After you take a REALLY REALLY good crap, you should feel better.  If you are worried, go to the emergency room.  It's ALWAYS better to be safe than sorry!

Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 10:10 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• ::OP::
    to be quite honest even when im really sick i never get diarreah. i think i have IBS or something b/c i hardly ever poop and its usually really hard, and like rabbit turds lol so for me to go more than once a day is VERY uncommon. i went and took a poop though and the pains were still there! when they started i went and sat on the toilet thinking maybe i have to poop again and i did, but all this still continues.
    Anonymous

• You may be constipated and the hard poop is causing pains when it moves down your intestines into your rectum.
    Anonymous

• ::OP::
    LMAO oh god Katrina i love you! im going to talk to dh about it, he suppose to leave for work in like less than 30 min.
    Anonymous

• i always have super hard poop, i have all my llife and it has never hurt like this before. im usually pretty constipated too, like i said ever before i got pregnant i would go maybe once a week or once every two weeks...i hardly ever poop, it sucks cause i always look bloated.
    Anonymous