Does anyone know what this is?

I sometimes feel like there is a belt tied too tight around my chest. It hurts. I feel a little bit like I'm getting light headed and then I feel nauseated. It only happens maybe a few times a year but I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas what it could be? I just had one that lasted about 10 minuets.

I'm 23 and in good health. I'm calling my doctor in the morning to schedule an appointment. I hope it isn't anything big since I don't have insurance! Eeek!

Inle_Rabbit

Asked by Inle_Rabbit at 9:57 PM on Oct. 15, 2009 in Health

• It sounds like anxiety attacks. (Or panic attacks...they are the same thing) I got them after my son was born. It feels like something is suddenly taking your breath away and sometimes I get lightheaded or start feeling sick as well. Especially if it keeps going for more than a few minutes. They are no fun. But, lots of people have them and they aren't "bad" for you really. Just annoying! Good luck! I hope that's all it is.
    Krystal.Ingalls

Answer by Krystal.Ingalls at 10:07 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• Hrm. I hope so, I don't feel like I have anything to panic about but I guess you never know. I googled it and came up with MS. Geez! Just the thought of that should give me another panic attack (if it is that)
    Inle_Rabbit

Answer by Inle_Rabbit at 10:20 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• MS is a possibility but there are other symptoms as well, just that wouldn't necessarily be MS. Good thing if it is and you are able to catch it this early you can treat it very well. But there are many other things that this could be.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 2:03 AM on Oct. 16, 2009

• Google "Community Health Centers" to find the master Web site of government-run health clinics that will see anyone, regardless of their ability to pay. You can drill down to find the location of a clinic near you.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:26 AM on Oct. 16, 2009