There are a lot of TV shows intended for preschoolers, which shows would you say are not acceptable for preschoolers?

thedoll

Asked by thedoll at 10:48 PM on Oct. 15, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• lots on cartoon network... they arent educational at all and some are very scary in the style of drawing... i cant seem to think of the name of them because we dont watch much from that channel.... also my dh tried to tell me that action movies are acceptable for my 4 yr old mostly because he wants to watch them... he tried to let him watch james bond die another day last weekend. the first scene is an interrogation torture scene! i ended that quickly.... men are so selfish!
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 10:08 AM on Oct. 16, 2009

• LOL My DH tried to explain to me how watching Iron Man with my 5 year old was 'OK' the first scene is a point blank assassination.

There are a lot of Cartoons I wouldn't let my preschooler watch...Some I wouldn't let my 5 year old watch...
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 1:08 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• Spongebob Squarepants is banned in our house. She is allowed to watch Playhouse Disney shows and PBS morning shows... and some others like Dora/Diego but that's about it. No Nickelodeon or Cartoon Network in the house.

Navymama

Answer by Navymama at 8:41 PM on Oct. 16, 2009

• I think that what is acceptable depends on what your family's standards are and what your child likes. My kids disliked most of the shows that are actually intended for preschoolers because they tend to "talk down" to children. They also got tired of the same old ABC's, 123's, colors, and shapes on every single show. There's not a toy or show for that age range that doesn't try to "teach" them something and it got old very quickly. So, my kids watched a lot of things that were intended for older kids and adults on Discovery Channel, Science Channel, History Channel, etc. When they did watch shows for preschoolers, they were on Noggin/Nick Jr. - Ni Hao, Kai Lan; Wonderpets and Backyardigans were the ones my now 5 yo daughter liked.
    jessradtke

Answer by jessradtke at 8:48 PM on Oct. 17, 2009

• *bump*
    I'm curious too!
    LeiLana80

Answer by LeiLana80 at 4:29 AM on Oct. 18, 2009

• my son loves Dinosour Train and Curious George. He is also a big fan of Dragontales. I don't much like him watching spongebob or anything on cartoon network.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 12:18 AM on Oct. 23, 2009