Club foot.. anyone have any similar stories?

My daugther is now 6 months old and was born with left club foot, for which she has been being treated in Phoenix with the "ponseti method." She went through casting since she was 10 days old and had a minor surgery and now is wearing her braces. The problem is, her foot keeps coming out of it! I have to re-adjust or put them on EVERY 5-10 minutes and all through the night!!! Everyone else's stories I have written say that they LOVE these shoes, because they DON"T slip off and are comfortable??? Does anyone have the same problem as I'm having? And if so, any advise????

angelmotherof3

Asked by angelmotherof3 at 11:42 PM on Oct. 15, 2009 in Health

• I have a coworker and friend with a 6 month old who is being treated with the ponseti method. I would be more than happy to link the two of you with each other if you want to PM me with your email address.
    FL2AK

Answer by FL2AK at 2:27 AM on Oct. 16, 2009

• I think that the brace might need to be refitted buy the doc or something... take her in to have them fix it!!! You shouldn't have to keep fussing with it!!

I work with athletes and have a 16 yr old Football player that was born with club feet. Had surgery when he was young and now palys all kinds of sports. I could tell something was up and asked him about it, but if you didn't know about gait problems you might just think he is limping slightly.
    Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 1:24 AM on Oct. 16, 2009