How do I forget at night?

During the day when I am super busy I don't have time to think about my sucky life. But when I lay down for bed it all comes rushing back.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:51 PM on Oct. 15, 2009 in Just for Fun

• take some tylenol pms so you fall right asleep. why is your life sucky though?
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 11:53 PM on Oct. 15, 2009

• You don't. that's how I am when I have something bothering me.. I'm good all day and when I am supposed to be sleeping I'm worrying.

It sucks.

Anonymous

• Tylenol PM knocks me out to the point I won't wake up with my little one in the morning. And there is just a bunch of crap going on right now. I'm just lonely. And stressed. And a whole lot more I can't really put into words.
    Anonymous

• I know it sounds silly, but maybe before you go to bed could you make a list of GOOD things that happened that day? It doesn't have to be big things - your lo didn't throw a tantrum at bedtime. You were able to get 2 loads of laundry done, so that's 2 less to do tomorrow. You were able to have good food and not be hungry. Whatever happened that was a positive.

Then, if you start to dwell on the bad stuff, instead of letting that play over and over in your mind, you think about the positives.

If that doesn't help, then, during the day before bed, take just one of the crappy things, and think of something that will make it better (one of these days, the kids will be potty trained, or, __ bill is almost paid off, in 2 months, there's that much extra money...) Then when you think about it, focus on how you're going to fix it, so you don't "go there" mentally before bed.

I hope things get better for you!
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 12:09 AM on Oct. 16, 2009